I don't think Mother Nature appreciated last night's comment about her wimpy storm. At 9:30, weather forecasters predicted the storm would not reach into Minnesota. Well, bully on them!
At around midnight, I awoke to lightening so continuous that it seemed to be a spotlight flickering off now and then, not the occasional flash of light or streak across the sky one normally expects. Soon the thunder caught up, a steady drum roll, just as persistent as the lightening.
Next, the wind and rain arrived and for a half hour or so, the noise was so loud that I couldn't distinguish between thunder, rain, or wind. The bright light continued to shine from all around, still flickering, though now to the beat of the drum roll.
The county to my west, south, and eash had hail, and the county to the north received flash-flood warnings for this morning.
The rain gauge this morning seemed to chuckle, "So it was a wimpy storm?", as I emptied out the half-inch plus of water.
I looked at my check list. It doesn't say anything about how to move from my trailer, through the lightening, wind, and rain to get to the basement...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd kinda like to have a chuckling rain-gauge. But my neighbors might get a bit creeped out.
ReplyDelete