The first time I went into the basement I saw a chipmunk scurry across the floor. I searched everywhere for the entry point. Finally, this is what I found:
They chewed an opening through the bottom of my make-shift door.
I put a metal trowel across the opening and that settled that...Hah, so I thought!
The next morning I came to work to discover the sound of running water. The garage floor was covered and I could see that water was spraying out of the hose that comes from the pressure tank in the basement. I thought the sharp edges of the hole in the wall had worn through the hose, so I replace the hose with a heavier one.
The next morning--same thing. This time I saw bits of hose on the floor and teeth marks on the hose. The critters we not able to get into the house because the water pressure kept them out, but they made a mess for me.
So, if you built a small dome for the critters, would they leave the big one to you?
ReplyDeleteNice to have you back posting; missed you all winter except for the occasional phone bit.
Oh my goodness -- a teeny-tiny dome for chipmunks -- I am dying here. That is too cute!
ReplyDelete